Meditation brings the brainwave pattern into an alpha state that promotes healing. The mind becomes fresh, delicate, and beautiful. It cleanses and nourishes you from within and calms you, whenever you feel overwhelmed, unstable, or emotionally shut down. To give meditation an even more powerful punch or as a quick remedy to sooth the nerves in moments of stress, deep breathing exercises are super helpful.
With regular practice of meditation:
- Anxiety decreases
- Emotional stability improves
- Creativity increases
- Happiness increases
- Intuition develops
- Gain clarity and peace of mind
- Problems become smaller
- Meditation sharpens the mind by gaining focus and expands through relaxation
- A sharp mind without expansion causes tension, anger and frustration
- An expanded consciousness without sharpness can lead to lack of action/progress
- The balance of a sharp mind and an expanded consciousness brings perfection
Art of Living have some wonderful meditation tips that you can view here. If you’d like guided mediations I have some great full meditations available on my learning platform or you could do 3 x 1 hour mediations with me in person or online with my Peace Package.
Here is a breathing exercise to get you started:
- Breath in deeply through your nose for 6 counts
- Breath slowly out of your mouth (like blowing through a straw) for 8 counts
- Repeat 5-6 times
- If you need to change the counts to suit your breathing ability please do, however keep the in breath slightly shorter than the out breath.
- Try it with your eyes closed for better results.
This helps reset the parasympathetic nervous system, which calms quickly. If you have my Gold Lotus book the nostril breathing exercise is also another great way to reset the parasympathetic nervous system.